Rogue River Community Credit Union formerly known as M.P.R. Sparta Employees Credit Union was founded on August 28, 1956 by a group of 125 Muskegon Piston Ring employees. In 1983 M.P.R. Sparta Employees Credit Union changed its name to Rogue River Community Credit Union and its charter to service the community. In 1986 the credit union moved to the former location on Gardner Street in Sparta. There, the credit union grew steadily until they outgrew the location and in 2007 built a new main office, our current location on State Street in Sparta. Since our Inception in 1956 we have grown to more than 6,000 members and over $40 million in assets! We look forward to serving Sparta and the surrounding communities for many years to come.
Newaygo County School Employees Credit Union was chartered on October 6, 1964 with 10 original members. The Credit Union started out in Fremont’s Pine Street Elementary building. We moved into our current location at 115 S Stone Road in 1987. Due to the Credit Union’s growth, we changed our name in 1996 to Newaygo County Service Employees Credit Union. Today we are over 3000 members strong and more than $20,000,000.00 in assets.
In 2018 we have come together to create Compass Credit Union. Serving 13 West Michigan counties!